Friday, December 20, 2013

The First!

Wednesday I got my first college acceptance!!! I cannot tell you how relieved I am now. The stress I have been going through is gone... for now. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder and I can breathe. I cannot express my gratitude to everyone that has been a part of my life these past four years of high school and made it possible for me to be where I am now.


from my Twitter
If I could just give some advice to students going through the same thing. You've done everything you possibly could do to get into the college of your dreams, stressing won't make the letter come any faster. I, myself, haven't received an answer from my number one school. I find out in early April if I will be attending, that's quite awhile away. There is one thing keeping me from making myself ill over waiting for the letter, a friend's experience from last year. She wanted so badly to go to one of our state schools, she was denied she appealed and again, wasn't accepted. You would think this is the biggest nightmare ever. She tells me it was a blessing in disguise. She is so happy where she is and couldn't imagine herself anywhere else. 

I find that to put my mind at ease because it really goes to show how everything works out for a reason! I am so thrilled to be accepted into Winthrop University and look forward to the future it may hold for me. I'm most excited about the snow Rock Hill gets! I love snow, although I've only seen it twice.

I'm so happy to have received my first college acceptance and was able to cross number 5 off my 101 things to do in 1001 days list! I hope everyone else going through the college application process is doing well and don't forget to breathe! It will all work out in the end! No matter where you go you are taking a step in the direction to a brighter future.


No comments:

Post a Comment