Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Journal Excerpt, Sorta.

It's been quite sometime since my last post! I'm very sorry about that. Lacrosse started last week so it's had me quite busy after school! At the same time I've been postponing posting for the last week because I have had no inspiration and it has been extremely frustrating. So I thought why not treat this post as if I was writing in a personal journal, here is a look in my life and things that haven't left my mind this week.

This past week has been long and tiring. My loss of inspiration has been driving me insane. I can't think of anything to post and when I do write a post I think it's terrible and delete it. I may or may not have done that 4 times this week. I don't want to put something I'm not 100% about on my blog. My blog is the one thing I am a perfectionist about. I also filmed two video posts today and edited them together just to decide neither of them were good enough. There was always something wrong with it, maybe it was a touch out of focus or maybe the sound quality just wasn't right. I don't know, blogging this week just has not been an option for me. And I feel really guilty for that because I made it a promise to myself to blog at least 5 times a week... That just hasn't happened. 

I realize this is just me rambling on but I think it's good to be a little transparent in your life sometimes. This blog only shows highlights of my life, along with my Instagram. I don't think that's a bad thing but I want to be real with my followers. That may sound silly because on the side of my blog it says I have twenty-seven and that may not seem like a lot. But to me, that is twenty-seven people who share the same interests in me and care about what I have to say. And then again I always hope there are those few other people who check up on The Girl In Pink ever week or so to see if there is anything new going on. 

This post may make no sense what so ever but like I said, I think it's important in a way. School has been driving me crazy for obvious reason people who know me IRL will understand and I wish everything could go back to normal. It's also weird to think that I will be done with high school in less than four months... I thought I was excited but now I think that I've been wishing high school was over for too long and complained about it more than enjoyed it, so these next four months I plan on enjoying it as much as I can. 

Aside from my lack of inspiration and nostalgia there is something else in the back of my mind that is bothering me. I have been seeing this everywhere and used to wish for it until I realized it is unrealistic. Two words, thigh gap. Social media have left women and teenagers obsessing over getting a thigh gap. According from what I've read there are two ways to get a thigh gap, genetically wide hips or unhealthy diets. Now I have narrow hips, there is no possible way for me to ever achieve a thigh gap healthily. I just wish social media didn't have the negative affect it does on people. Like I said before, Instagram is just someone's highlight reel. It's never fair to yourself to compare yourself to someone at their best.

If you are currently reading this congratulations, you've made it to the end of my rambling post. Thank you for powering through. My lack of inspiration being known, please please let me know if there is something specific you would like to see on The Girl In Pink! I'm always up for suggestions. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I just want you to know, that I actually enjoyed this! I just started up lacrosse again too 3 weeks ago and it's driving me insane! But, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete