Friday, September 12, 2014

France: Part One

I lied I'm sorry! I said this would be up yesterday on my Instagram and then life got in the way! I am currently sitting in a Starbucks on campus drinking passion fruit tea because it is like 100 degrees here in Charleston!!

**********

Fair warning: This is a very long post with a lot of pictures!

This past summer I spent about ten days in France with my dad as a graduation gift! It has been a tradition in our family for our dad to take the graduating daughter (I have two older sisters) to somewhere in the world! It's a father daughter bonding time before we head off to college! It was an incredible experience and I would do just about anything to go back! We started in Monte Carlo, Monaco and that is one incredible city. Tons of flashy cars and yachts in such a small city. It was beautiful! From there we visited medieval towns and we went to St. Remy and after that we went to Paris!!!! But that's a whole other post.

This was my first time ever flying... I know first time on a plane and I was eighteen years old. I actually enjoyed it and they had a lot of free movies to choose from! My dad chose The Lego Movie while I opted for The Devil Wears Prada!

Here are my favorite parts from the first half of the trip! 

This was our beautiful view for breakfast every morning that we were in Monte Carlo! It was amazing to see all of the ships coming in. It was also really cool because the really big yachts had garages in them for small speed boats or jet skis... I'm not kidding, it was so cool. 

This way the best orange juice I have ever tasted! It was fresh squeezed every morning at the hotel and incredibly fresh! The cappuccinos weren't too bad either.

We took a photo stop along the way to Nice and the view was incredible.

My first cappuccino ever! It was the best thing I had ever had... I can't believe it took that long for me to try it. The sugar always came in little sugar cubes or sugar balls! 

The first ever time I stepped in the Mediterranean and it instantly became my favorite body of water. There isn't sand on the beaches they have stones and pebbles. It's actually really fun!

My dad and I ended up taking a lot of selfies on this trip because we didn't want to bother people to take our picture. My dad quickly mastered the selfie.

My dad took this photo in Nice and he is extremely proud of it. I couldn't just leave it out!

This was taken in Eze which is a medieval town in the South of France. It was breath taking!

This man could possibly be the best man I've ever met. His shop is also to die for! 

PSA: Diet Coke does not exist in France. It's "Coca-Cola Light" and it doesn't taste the same but it's okay. They're always served in glass bottles with a cup and a straw!

Finally I actually got to swim in the Mediterranean!   




These pictures are from a family run vineyard we visited and did a wine tasting at! This little window was weirdly my favorite part of it!

My aunt happens to have a house in St. Remy so we visited her! This used to be a well and since it's broken she planted flowers in it, how cute?

The best sweet ever!

Arriving at the train station to head to Paris!!! 


Check back later for "France: Part Two" 

Have you ever been to France? What are your highlights?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I miss france so much! Love how all of your pics turned out!! I bet you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete